Visual Merchandiser Manager for a Multi-Store Retailer
This position is new for the company and will need a person who can take responsibility, be able to work independently with some direction and within parameters. The person who takes this position will start as an independent contributor with several part time workers to assist but could grow into developing and managing a full-time staff. The job requires designing displays that integrate products from several departments that peak customers’ interest upon entering and throughout the store. The merchandising manager will report to the manager of one product line but will have to collaborate with multiple product line managers, as well as work closely with the marketing manager.
Looking for a person with the following skills and experience:
* Experience with visual merchandising or related experience
* Exposure to working in a retail environment
* Ability to create planograms (experience desired)
* Management skills – give direction to assistants and later put together a full-time staff
* Ability to travel to trade shows several times a year
* Able to communicate merchandising plan to other store locations (establishing a process and communication program)
* Visit other stores to make sure plans are being implemented
To be successful in this role, one must be flexible and easy going and able to function well in a fast- paced, often fluid work environment. There is need for a great deal of creativity, planning and good problem solving skills. In addition, this person will have to collaborate and communicate with many different people, an important success factor. This position requires a dedicated and hard-working individual who is passionate about developing creative displays. A good sense of humor helps.