The business of Mahoney's Garden Centers is distinctly influenced by seasons of the year. To meet these needs, the company hires seasonal staff. The job description duties of seasonal staff are uniquely tailored to be highly flexible and available upon demand and shifts can be added, reduced or modified with little or no notice. The preferred candidate should have a basic understanding or quickly become familiarized of product categories and services offered through basic training, and has the ability to share this knowledge with our clients by suggesting products and merchandise that will meet the client’s needs. The primary function of this position is to welcome clients with a cheerful attitude, process sales transactions and assist them in determining and choosing their products when required.
The spring season is upon us and our Winchester Store is in need of Cashiers, Labor, and Customer Service. All shifts, days, afternoons and evenings available.
This position will perform a variety of duties including but not limited to selling of product and services, answering the telephone, performing cashier duties, receiving, pricing and displaying of products and plant material and maintaining the product by watering, pruning and maintaining plant material.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Effectively use a cash register and collect and exchange money using Counterpoint.
- Have a reasonable knowledge of our product and its whereabouts while being able to effectively communicate this product information to our customers.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of products including replenishing items and moving items.
- Light housekeeping (sweep, wipe, and clean.)
- Engage and support customers in selecting items, answering questions and checking them out efficiently.
- Stay current on sales, discounts and special promotions.
- Recommend additional products and services based on customer’s needs.
- Effectively able to demonstrate solid customer service skills when working with our customers, especially if there is a customer problem or concern.
- Accept assignments either at register or out on the general floor (Any location or department.)
- Assist customers with loading product into carts or into vehicles.
- Water, deadhead and maintain live inventory.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Teamwork Orientation
- Communication Proficiency
- Math aptitude and ability to collect & exchange money
This job operates in an indoor and outdoor retail business environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. You must be willing and able to serve in any weather condition, out of doors. No travel required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing repetitively throughout the entire shift. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Several Full time and Part time seasonal positions. March-June, including weekends. Days and hours of work vary by schedule. Holidays and weekends are required for seasonal positions.
At Mahoney’s Garden Center we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Mahoney’s Garden Center hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.